Church-sanctuary of Quang

Church-sanctuary of Quang


Churches Garzeno

The Church of Quang, dedicated to the Immaculate was inaugurated in 1947. As a plaque at the entrance explains: Our Lady was recognised as Mother and Protector of the enormous scourge of the war that had just passed.
In 1998, the small pronaos was enlarged into a larger portico, facing the entire facade.
Inside, behind the altar, there is a reproduction of the grotto of Lourdes; on its sides, two small niches hold the statue of Giovanni Bosco (on the left) and the Madonna of Caravaggio (on the right).
The back wall was painted in 2005 with a glorious image of the Virgin that opens out onto a cutaway view of a landscape depicting the village of Garzeno on the left and a group of Garzeno farmers on the right. On the left side wall there is a statue of St Agnese and a painting depicting St Joseph, the protector of the dying. On the right, beyond the side entrance door there is a 19th century painting of the delivery of the keys to St Peter, which was previously located on the high altar of the parish church.

(Text from the “Antica vita fra le masoni di Garzeno” by Rita Pellegrini)

Church-sanctuary of Quang


Directions