St. Gregory the Great Church, already existing in the XIII century since mentioned in a scroll dating back to 1242, was built in Consiglio di Rumo (now belonging to the municipality of Gravedona ed Uniti). The entire compound probably dates back to 1524, as well as the bell tower. The frescoes date back to the XV century; among the painters we can also find works by Stefano da Vergosio. On the right wall is depicted the traditional theme of the Madonna and Child with St. Charles Borromeo, St. Bernard, St. Anthony the Abbot and St. Margaret. The themes depicted in the frescoes are very similar to those of the St. John the Baptist's Church in Brenzio.
The seventeenth-century renovation work to the presbytery was made by Carlo Pozzo from Valsolda. The organ (1760-1761), provided of wooden choir stalls, richly decorated, is a work of art by Andrea Luigi Serassi.
Every day: 9am-12pm/2pm-6pm
Masses schedule: view the dedicated section