St. Stephen Parish Church rises on the lake shore. The interior of the church, in baroque style, consists of a single large nave with vaulted ceilings, a wonderful main altar and four side altars, all of them amazingly frescoed. The church is also embellished by paintings and decorations, dated back to the XVIII century, produced by various painters such as Carlo Scotti, Luigi Tagliaferri, Friar Gerolamo Cotica, Giulio Quaglio and Giovanni Antonio Torricelli. Along the church walls there are crannies enriched with stucco statues created by the sculptor Stefano Salterio.
The church ceiling is made of stone slabs of Valmalenco. The bell tower, located on the southern side of the building, dates back to the XVIII century and is decorated with simple arches and pilasters to remind the church's facade and its decoration. On the left side we can also find the valuable Serassi organ, dating back to 1856.
Every day: 9am-12pm/4pm-6pm
Masses schedule: view the dedicated section