The sanctuary was built in 1630 by the unanimous desire of the population to celebrate the end of the plague epidemic and as a sign of devotion to Our Lady and God.
On the site there was already a chapel with the 15th century effigy of the Virgin Mary, which can now be admired above the high altar. The most important works were carried out in three years (it was inaugurated on 5 August 1634), but it was embellished and completed in the following century. With a prestigious architectural design and beautiful dominant position, the Sanctuary is not as well-known as other Marian sites, but the devotion of the people has remained unchanged over the centuries.
Every day: 8.30am-5pm
Masses schedule: view the dedicated section