The church was built in 1443 to replace the parish church of Olonio on the site of a church of probable Romanesque origin. The 15th century building consists of three naves with five bays closed by three apses and an imposing bell tower, and has a square plan. The marble portal by Musso and the fresco of the Crucifixion by G. Scotti also date back to the fifteenth century.
At the beginning of the eighteenth century, on the initiative of the Giulini family, the church was radically altered, a new façade was built and the inside layout was transformed into a single nave with chapels on either side. The new high altar in polychrome marble was added in 1766.
The interior preserves a fine Renaissance triptych of the Lombard school depicting the “Madonna breastfeeding the Child between Saints Stefano and Vincenzo” and various stuccoes and frescoes.
Every day: 7.30am-12pm
Masses schedule: view the dedicated section