The Romanesque church of San Vincenzo was built at the end of the 11th century close to the river of the same name, where a Roman villa once stood, as evidenced by the Roman stone inscription walled in the portal. Rebuilt in the fifteenth century, the building has a single nave plan with transverse arches, side chapels and a rectangular presbytery. The gabled façade, marked by pilasters, is crowned by small arches in terracotta and is preceded by a pronaos. On the sides of the prothyrum, there are two small single-lancet windows and two large windows, while the upper part of the façade has a central oculus.
Inside are preserved some valuable pictorial decorations, such as the frescoes of the presbytery dated 1546 depicting the Evangelists, St Vincent and St Stephen (San Stefano) with God the Father, Doctors of the Church and scenes from the life of St Vincent, stories of the Virgin Mary with St Vincent created in the sixteenth century and completed in the nineteenth century by L. Tagliaferri on the triumphal arch, a 16th century fresco of the Madonna on the throne with Child and the large fresco of St Peter, the Martyr, above the entrance to the baptistery.
Of significant interest are the Polyptych of the high altar dated 1547 and depicting the Annunciation, the Madonna on the throne with Child and the Crucifixion, as well as several wooden altarpieces depicting saints. In 1964/65, restoration works led to the discovery of the remains of a Roman mosaic floor from the second century and the foundations of the original church.
The church is open for the mass only. View the dedicated page for the schedule.