According to local tradition, a church dedicated to San Fedele formerly existed on the shores of the Piona Bay, where the saint would have landed fleeing Como before reaching the shores of Mount Berlinghera where he was killed. In the current, more suitable location was later built a small church, with a nearby cemetery. The community of Laghetto was part of the parish St. Bernardino of Villatico but was led by coadjutors who lived here: Don Gilardoni, Don Graziano Porlezza, Don Taroni. The heads of families insistently demanded the erection of an independent parish, the bishop conceded providing they had a proper place of worship. Thanks to their tenacious efforts in 1856 the present church was completed, with a charge that today would exceed 100.000 euros.
The epigraph at the entrance: “This church built in a year of so much misery in 1856 to tell the future generations the generosity of a poor but devout people.” The church was consecrated in 1857 and was entrusted to Don Antonio Venini, of Domaso, who had long resided there as coadjutor and the interest for 60 years (1853-1913). A rectangular layout, oriented to the west, a single nave, four side altars, slab flooring. The paintings of the vault, the side altars and the apse were done by F. Capiaghi of Como and L. Tagliaferri of Pagnona. The most valuable are dedicated to St. Fedele and celebrated the baptism, martyrdom and the glorious welcome into heaven. It was flanked by a square bell tower which was completed in 1871. In 1957, the centenary was celebrated by Don Del Barba: It took 7 years of work to replace the original bell tower with a new tower which now soared 40 metres high.
(Text from the Brochure "Colico Outdoor")