The ancient church of St. James, built between the XV and the XVI century, is located in Livo. A fancy pronaos, dating back to the second half of the XVI century and frescoed with Stories of Genesis, enriches the gabled facade. Inside the church, there are lots of devotional frescoes realized during the first half of the XVI century and all commissioned by devotees from Livo, whose names are still partially legible at the bottom of some of them. Many artists helped decorating the church with frescoes and paintings: Sebastiono from Piuro (1512), Giovanni Andrea de Magistris (1520-30) and Andrea de Passeri; Gaudenzio Ferrari and Fermo Stella inspired local painters instead.
It is noteworthy to mention the presence in the church of 23 works of art depicting the “Madonna with Child”.
July and August: Every Saturday and Sunday from 3pm to 5.30pm