Dedicated to God and with a beautiful view of the lake, the church dates back to the fifteenth century but was remodelled several times in subsequent centuries. It represents one of the best examples of Baroque architecture in Lake Como, with frescoes attributed to the Lugano-born D. Caresana and his son and other works by Antonio Maria Caraccioli of Vercana, a native who emigrated to Palermo in 1770. The large statues of Angels, Prophets and Evangelists of Silva and the “Stories of the Passion with Sybils and Prophets” by G. B. Pozzo located in the apse of the building are also of exquisite workmanship.
Every day: 8.30am-5pm
Masses schedule: view the dedicated section