The Church of St. John the Baptist is located in Brenzio; already existing in 1411, the church was consecrated in 1490 and completed in the XVII century. On the left side of the Church rises a massive seventeenth-century bell tower. Inside the Church we can see the presbytery, the wooden altar and the triumphal arch: these works were carried out in 1640 by Isidoro Bianchi from Campione. The two side chapels were carried out in 1628 by Giovanni Mauro Della Rovere, also called "Il Fiammenghino", the frescoes of the apsidiole were painted by Antonio Maria Caraccioli from Vercana, whereas some murals are attributed to Luigi Tagliaferri from Pagnona and Giulio Quaglio. The seventeenth-century organ is a work of art by Carlo Prati instead.
June, July and August: Every Saturday and Sunday from 3pm to 5.30pm
View the dedicated page for the schedule of the mass.